You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Extra connectors and possibly missing canbus?

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

Extra connectors and possibly missing canbus?

Post by phoenixgod »

I got my phoenix a couple weeks ago and am trying to get it installed. In hooking up everything I see I have extra connectors from the main harness that do not go anywhere. In looking at the walkthrough at becomethesolution and they have two can bus, I only have one. Am I missing a harness? Sucks that I have everything tore apart.

I have the 7.1 version.

I have a few connectors unaccounted for also (3 which previously plugged into the display unit).

I am in Australia and currently have everything running except the front air conditioning for the vehicle (LX470 2003). I purchased direct through Aliexpress and contacted them and they advised that they didnt realise I had a "high end" model and they need to supply me another cable assembly which I think will be a second Canbus adaptor. All our Lexus models are the same there is no high end model they just dont know and have to wing it I think.

Other problems are the audio is distorted at higher than about volume level "18" and in Australia we didnt get a Mark Levinson audio system its Pioneer I think so that may be an issue with levels perhaps. I have spent a few hours trying to get the audio right via the various graphic equalisers, filters, etc but still not good.

I also think I will have to reroute the rear view camera which currently connects to the the existing Nav system under the passenger seat.

So have to remove it and go back to standard till the additional cable arrives as its now summer here and cant exist without Aircon thats for sure.

Should be good when I get the problems sorted out - I just think that it will never quite get there!
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.