You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

PX6 Outside Temperature - reading 0 deg

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
RiverCake

PX6 Outside Temperature - reading 0 deg

Post by RiverCake »

Hi All,

I have a 2018 Base Ford Explorer with the new PX6 Installed.
Under Install Set I selected "Display Temperature" - which I want to know what the outside temp is - and was available on my old 4" Screen.

It shows up at the top, beside the screen dim control indicator, but is always reading 0 deg.

This must be read by the CAN system somehow - but is obviously wrong.

Is anyone else aware of this issue? Is there any plan to update the FW to address this?

Thanks!
rogerboy

Re: PX6 Outside Temperature - reading 0 deg

Post by rogerboy »

My new 2021 PX6 did have the correct temp display in Fahrenheit when I first bought the unit. I did not make any major changes when suddenly after a reboot, it was showing -40 Fahrenheit. After about four days of trying to figure this out, going into system settings and switching back and forth between Celsius and Fahrenheit. I could find no fix for this oh, sorry. I will keep looking however I think this is a bug. After two weeks I still see-40 Fahrenheit. So I turned off the temperature from my main screen.

I do have the OBD connector and I used the program called Torque Pro that I paid for. It has the correct outside temperature. I don't believe my car data is the issue. I truly believe this is a Android radio bug on the newer px6.
RiverCake

Re: PX6 Outside Temperature - reading 0 deg

Post by RiverCake »

Yup, another bug - I agree completely that it is in the PX6 software, probably reading a simulated address or something...

Why doesn't someone from this manufacturer fix it?