You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Customize home screen?

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
Jqc018

Customize home screen?

Post by Jqc018 »

I just installed Phoenix Sc7862 in my 2017 Nissan Titan.
Everything seems to function properly.

Is there a way to customize the home screen?
I have no need for the gauges and truck picture that comes stock.
Most of the icons along the top are not useful to me.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add my own app icons to the home screen. As well as some small widgets for my music apps, etc.

I realize I should retain the HVAC controls along the bottom of the hole screen though.

Is this possible with the Phoenix?
mytuner2002

Re: Customize home screen?

Post by mytuner2002 »

I'm have the same unit in my 16 Titan XD, and I'm using nova launcher available for free from play store, there's other options as well but I think you will like Nova launcher.
Jqc018

Post by Jqc018 »

Nova Launcher is what I've been looking for. So far so good. Thanks for the great tip!
docdrive2

Post by docdrive2 »

Can you share your input on the installation? I too have a 2017 Nissan Titan that I’m trying to install. Had some issues with SWC and rear camera. Thanks for any info.
Jqc018 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:39 am I just installed Phoenix Sc7862 in my 2017 Nissan Titan.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to add my own app icons to the home screen. As well as some small widgets for my music apps, etc.

I realize I should retain the HVAC controls along the bottom of the hole screen though.

Jqc018

Post by Jqc018 »

docdrive2 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:58 am Can you share your input on the installation? I too have a 2017 Nissan Titan that I’m trying to install. Had some issues with SWC and rear camera. Thanks for any info.
Jqc018 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:39 am I just installed Phoenix Sc7862 in my 2017 Nissan Titan.

During installation, I relied heavily on a couple YouTube videos by Phoenix.
I initially had some issues with speaker outputs, but swc and cameras didn't have any issue. I may have had an easier time because I bought my unit used from someone who had the same year and trim.
I did triple check that I was using the right harnesses based on my year and whether or not I have an amplifier.