You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Steps to Remove the Purple Cityscape Image and Calendar from the Home Screen:

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

Steps to Remove the Purple Cityscape Image and Calendar from the Home Screen:

Post by phoenixgod »

Here are the Steps to Remove the Purple Cityscape Image and Calendar from the Home Screen:

Settings
System Info
Long-Hold middle of the General Information Screen
7890 OK
Go to UI No: Change from "KW Purple Gold" to "KW UI"
Save & Reboot

Notes:
This was done on a Px6 unit for 2014 Cadillac SRX; not sure if it works on prior/other models
Boot Logo becomes the Home Page Image
See attached images.

20200818_220433
20200818_220433 (211.12 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
20200818_210432
20200818_220444
20200818_220444 (209.86 KiB) Viewed 8253 times
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.
LazRod76

Re: Steps to Remove the Purple Cityscape Image and Calendar from the Home Screen:

Post by LazRod76 »

When I push and hold in the middle of the info screen as directed, nothing happens.

I have a [ PX6 SIX-CORE ] 10.4" ANDROID 9 FAST BOOT VERTICAL SCREEN 3 BUTTON NAVI RADIO FOR DODGE RAM 2013 - 2018
rogerboy

Re: Steps to Remove the Purple Cityscape Image and Calendar from the Home Screen:

Post by rogerboy »

I also have a px6, newer unit. I received my unit June 2021. I did a self install and made sure everything was working properly. If I go into my system settings, system info and hold the screen for up to 3 minutes, nothing happens. I do not have factory settings.

After trying many different things I still do not have any way to access factory settings.

I contacted Phoenix automotive and did receive a phone call about three outstanding issues that my unit is experiencing.

When I asked the tech about factory settings he told me that it has been removed on the newer units. What I understood from the conversation, which I had very much difficulty listening to, because there was so much background noise I could barely hear the person.

But what I heard him say was, it's locked on the new units and you're not allowed to get into it. I'm really not happy with that answer because there are many settings, including audio, which I desperately needed to adjust, inside the factory settings.

If anyone has a way to access factory settings from possibly the console or terminal emulator, I would love to know how to do this.

Thanks.
fond3ur

Post by fond3ur »

i can access that part but when i try to select a different UI, it asks me for another password... i have trien the usual ones, and doesn't work