You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

New Install, Terrible Sound

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

New Install, Terrible Sound

Post by phoenixgod »

Hi all -

Just installed the PX6 in my 2009 Lexus GX470 - everything works fine, including wireless CarPlay.

I adjusted the sound to a good level on the OEM radio before the install - I've also tried to adjust the settings in the Console menu (amp, etc).

The sound is somewhat static-y, and the levels are way off - like bass is super heavy, treble/mid not so much. It really seems like a bad combination of sound quality (static) AND settings mix/amp mix.

I've messed around with all of the sound controls I can find, but just can't even get close to what it was with stock.

I'm going to have to return the radio if I can't get this fixed - which would really bum me out - I love the interface, but the sound is just a no-go.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.
benlewis2006

Re: New Install, Terrible Sound

Post by benlewis2006 »

I've been battling poor sound quality also, im running the px6 in my Tundra, and i have aftermarket speakers, amps and subs... well today i was bored and started playing with settings and went into settings, install set, (enter your password for my tundras its 666888) scroll down to audio fader and turn it off... this gave me a huge jump in sound and also got rid of the "hiss" i was experiencing. then i went and tuned the max volumes and readjusted my amps. hope this helps.