You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

G37 w/ 8.1 13.6" PX6 unit - Dash and Tablet Won't Shut Off

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

G37 w/ 8.1 13.6" PX6 unit - Dash and Tablet Won't Shut Off

Post by phoenixgod »

Hi all,

I have an 2013 Infiniti G37s Coupe (not X, not convertible), Bose, Nav, Parking Sensors. I just received my 13.6" 8.1 PX6 unit. Install went fine, but I'm having two issues. The primary issue is that the Dash and Tablet won't shut off when I kill the engine. Both stay fully illuminated indefinitely.

I checked the "Install Set" settings, entered the code, and noticed it was set to a Q50. I changed it to "G37" "Default". That only seemed to change the loading page.

I noticed a "Console" menu (IIRC), and saw that there were a few options there. I tinkered around and found that I could turn off options like 'external keyless entry' - the push-button function on the door when the key is near. Neat! I also saw something like "Display lights" or something, with a timer. Default was set to 0. After many reboots on different settings, and some patient testing, I was unable to get the dash to shut off.

Any ideas?

Also, issue #2 is that my backup cam doesn't work. Black screen with the guidance lines. "No Input". I was told on a different forum that it may be a harness issue, and that I need to remove the step-down converter. I may try that if I get the primary issue fixed, but I'll wait in case I have to send the unit back.

Thoughts?

Edit: Also, when I click on "System info" the "Settings" app crashes. Not sure if that's an indicator that I need to re-flash the apps.
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.