You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Volume problem on SC7862 13" in a 2018 Nissan Titan

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
r0b0xd

Volume problem on SC7862 13" in a 2018 Nissan Titan

Post by r0b0xd »

Installation of the SC7862 in my truck went great, all functions work as expected...except volume control.

Steering wheel controls work fine, knob on the unit works fine, but when the lights come on and the backlighting illuminates, volume will start to adjust on its own. Most of the time it will start to randomly increase until it hits MAX volume, then will still flash the volume bar occasionally indicating it's trying to turn the volume up more. On rare occasion, volume will go down, but then back up.

I can adjust the volume back down using the steering wheel controls or the volume knob, but it will fight me and start turning itself back up to MAX.

When I shut the lights off, all is normal.

I am also unable to change the color of the buttons...not sure if that is related.

Anyone else experience something similar?
r0b0xd

Re: Volume problem on SC7862 13" in a 2018 Nissan Titan

Post by r0b0xd »

I'm bad at videos, but this is a link to a video showing what is happening with the volume.

it seems like it is entirely dependent on the position the volume knob is at; there's a very specific position I can sometimes find that will make the probably stop, but if I touch the knob it will start increasing volume on its own again.

If I could just disable the knob from controlling volume, I would be happy since steering wheel and touch screen volume controls work fine.
r0b0xd

Post by r0b0xd »

I was able to remap the volume knob to control fan speed, so now when the lights come on volume does not increase to maximum. Fan speed now will increase to maximum when the lights come on.

I have attempted to reset the unit with no success.
lukeahardin

Post by lukeahardin »

I'm having the same issues with my head unit. Randomly when I'm driving and listening to the radio, the volume will start increasing on its own. when I turn it back down, it turns back up and continues until it reaches the max level and still tries to increase. I can use the knob and steering wheel controls to turn it down/up but it continues to randomly increase the volume. Did you find a fix for this?