You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Factory Settings locked for good PX6 2021

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
rogerboy

Factory Settings locked for good PX6 2021

Post by rogerboy »

Factory Settings locked,, no code screen..
I have installed a new PX6 fast boot version 09. I have a 08 Lexus GS. The tesla style screen is a new unit for 2021. I received it in June of 2021.

So I have 3 main issues.

1. The Factory Settings are locked.
2. Audio is loud on every reboot or car start. (I fixed this with a work around)
3. Can't change Boot screen photo from original. With the default android settings or the Phonix Autio App, boot changer. (Not fixed).

So about the Factory Settings. Normally you can go to Settings - System Info, hold finger on screen for 30 sec and have a code window. But on the new 2021 June release the Factory Setting are locked and you will not get a code window to access.

Anyone know of a work around like console or terminal?

Anyone know how to fix and change the boot up screen with a custom image. The old ways do not work any longer. The System or User Settings / boot changer no longer works as Phoenix says it should. The Phoenix Dropbox app no longer works with this release. Android complains about a Non-App API for the Boot Changer Apk. If you know of a working solution please help and share.

Thanks.
RiverCake

Re: Factory Settings locked for good PX6 2021

Post by RiverCake »

Hey Rogerboy,

It seems like that there is little activity on this forum. Hopefully people start helping others more.
The biggest issue for me is that there doesn't appear to be any contact from China that is actually helpful in resolving any of these issues.

Mine was received in March 2021 - but is not restricted like you are indicating. I would send it back if that is the case.

The Audio issue I think can be addressed as a setting in the unit - under User Settings, ACC VOLUME - options are save or clear

I changed my boot screen without issue. Installed a PIC on a flash drive, copied to unit, went into settings, all the way down to "boot logo" at the bottom, and where it says "selected the pic" - I selected the pic that I wanted and restarted. All ok.

And Yes, that boot loader software does not work - but as I indicated is not required.
rogerboy

Post by rogerboy »

I wish the new version had boot image at thee bottom however the manufacture removed it and placed the boot / home screen changer in the car profile setup. The home screen setter works but the boot changer will only reset to default. It no longer has a way to find the new image.
slyP

Post by slyP »

I'm also experience the inability to go into advanced factory settings. It would be helpful to know if there is a work around, I received my unit in July 2021.
Abdelhadi khalidi

Post by Abdelhadi khalidi »

Thanks in advance, download link please