You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Music App for these Chinese Tesla Radios

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
RiverCake

Music App for these Chinese Tesla Radios

Post by RiverCake »

HI all,

I just wanted to let people know from my experience - the MUSIC app installed on this thing is garbage.
Not to be confused with the Bluetooth/Phone app- they are different.

I decided to put my music collection on an USB stick, and use it for "OFFLINE" use, using the existing Music App.
I have my music collection in folders. The problem was with the built in app - it did not display properly - and started re-organizing where music was, sometimes not even in a folder. It was very confusing, had names cutoff, etc. I tried playing with it.....but at the end of the day - I abandoned it.

I installed a NO-AD music app, called "Musicolet" - free from the playstore.

I am in no way endorsing this financially - or for any other reason other than it works great!
Change the default music app, and it works awesome!

I am sure that there are hundreds of music apps out there, but not too many without ad support. This one is free and clear of ads.
Thanks to the developer - and I hope that there are more out there that can learn from this hard experience of buying this Chinese Head unit.

Good luck!
rogerboy

Re: Music App for these Chinese Tesla Radios

Post by rogerboy »

Yes, I also use the Play Store music player and it's the best! It also has a EQ that works. Just go to settings in the player and pick EQ use system EQ. Works good.