You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

2014 Ford F150 FX4 with Sync 2

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

2014 Ford F150 FX4 with Sync 2

Post by phoenixgod »

I have recently received my PX6 and installed it in my truck, Having 15 years in the car audio business I have a few things I would like to share with my fellow F150 owners.

The unit I ordered is the [ PX6 six-core ] 12.1 inch vertical screen Android 8.1 navigation receiver for 2009 - 2014 Ford F-150
5. 2013 - 2014 w/ SYNC2 / 4 g ram 64 g rom Android 8.1

Built-in CarPlay and Android Auto for PX6 Six-core vertical screen head unit

The physical Installation was very easy, literally plug and play. The only issue is I had to remove the brackets from my CD unit and lower it down so the new unit would fit. If you have any question on this just send me a note. The unit booted up quickly and I was ready to program it to my needs.

My first problem was the original sync unit was backwards, if you pushed the nav button it went to radio. this was an easy fix by setting the Original car center control touch origin to negative. This can be found under Setting then Install set then all the way at the bottom.

The second problem was the backup camera it needs to be set to VGA the system comes with a default to another setting. easy fix is just go to the settings and change it to VGA.

I was having a problem with the BT loosing sync to this unit from time to time. I believe it was because it was syncing with both units ( factory) and the PX6 at the same time with BT along with my using the same phone for my hotspot. My solution was to purchase a hotspot (Harman Spark) this one was recommended by another customer. Now my phone doesn't have to overwork to connect to all three systems ( Sync, PX6 BT ad PX6 Wifi) all at once. Things run smooth now.

Keep in mind there will always be flaws in any system you have, may it be OEM or aftermarket.

I should not have purchased the CarPlay because I will never use it. it only lets you use 1/2 the screen and to me just makes things more difficult then they have to be. You can do everything you need via wifi or BT.
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.