You must be registered to use and view the SEARCH and full board access!

Contacting Support

All general discussions related to Phoenix Android Radio head units goes here.
phoenixgod
Site Admin

Contacting Support

Post by phoenixgod »

I knew when I ordered my radio that support would be limited but I did not know how bad it really was. I received my radio in early December and installed it a couple of days later. Everything seem to work well except that I am only getting audio from my front speakers. I opened a ticket on their website and did get a fairly quick response asking for a picture of the wiring harness. I pulled the radio and sent them a picture. While the radio was out I compared the harness to the unused harness that was sent with RCA outputs for use with aftermarket amplifiers instead of the factory system. The unused harness clearly had outputs for front and rear. The harness in use with the factory system only had wires for front (left and right). This is where things got interesting. I have received no response from Phoenix whatsoever. The original ticket I opened has not been responded to for nearly 20 days now. I opened a 2nd ticket which has not been responded to since created (about 2 weeks now). I've called numerous times at all different hours and have never had a person answer the phone. I even filled out their online form to return the radio within 30 days and received an automated response confirming the request and stating that some will contact me shortly. Well nobody has reached out to me. Most recently I tried them on Facebook Messenger 5 days ago, no response yet. I'm starting to question if they have any intention of honoring their return policy. I've stated in the return request that if they would send me the correct harness with front and rear audio outputs for the factory system that I would happily keep the radio. Have any of you had success in contacting them?

I wanted to provide an update on this.

Without responding to my service requests to provide the proper wiring harness, I did receive an RMA approval by email in January. Despite the terrible support at least they were willing to take the radio back. I opted to keep the radio and have since installed an aftermarket amplifier. Using the adapter that was supplied with the radio for after market amps (bypassing the factory Bose system) I now have all 4 channels of sound. Actually 5 because the harness for this has a subwoofer line out as well.

I did ask if I could purchase an additional harness and as I expected I received no response.

My advice to potential buyers is to expect no support from the seller. Limited support from the community (there is just not a lot of these out there and you would need to find someone that has your exact radio, car model, year and options). If you do get one check everything before your return window closes.

Wow! As you said, I heard support would be bad but didn't expect it to be that bad! Their site says to send them a picture of your car if you want to verify compatibility. So, I took a picture and sent it to them. That action created a ticket in their system. It has been about 2 weeks with no response. Given that my ticket would be the kind of ticket to generate a sale, I thought my kind of ticket would get looked at. So, I thought maybe because of the holidays they might be slow at answering tickets. Your experience doesn't bode well...
Give them a call. It escalates the ticket in my experience if you speak with them in person.
Got my radio on 4/14 and i have had nothing but issues with contacting them. Their CSR (Angela) will ask for the system info (which i have sent several pics of) and close the ticket. I find that if you can reach Chris, he's pretty responsive, but i am still waiting for an update of my software that is supposed to fix the issues (7) which i am having. The concept is great, but the customer service and support is lacking tremendously.
The back and forth is pretty bad. Nice people, but the problem never got resolved on my unit for 4 months. I eventually requested that they exchange my unit for another model. I am still awaiting my exchanged unit but understandably is taking longer due to Covid19

My advice, if they are not able to resolve your issue I would go to their website and submit a service/return request from their contact-us form. They should either A. Finally work to resolve your issue or B. Exchange your unit.

You just want to make sure you are not stuck with a head unit that does not work correctly.

I've been asking for a couple of weeks what type of connector is used for the WiFi antenna because I need to extend it. There's been back and forth but no answer to my question. I just need to know if it's SMA, RP SMA or something else. I'm not sure why that's difficult for them to let me know.
For more guides, tips, solutions, and radios visit: here.