1. vingsky
  2. General Discussion
  3. Monday, 18 November 2019

There are many problems with the px6 android 8.1 unit but the main problem is that it stuck at a blank 360 camera screen when starting the car if the car has not been started for more than 6 hours. Reset or restart did not help as it would just show a boot screen for a second and then jumped into the blank 360 screen again. Sometime the unit can reset by itself and got into the system after 5-15 minutes depending on how long the car has not been started. During this problem, I also lost the control of the page button on my steering wheel and the control did not come back even if the system finally booted up.

There is another infiniti user posted the same problem with this unit on his QX70 so I believe that it is a more general bug for the system to infiniti cars. I tried to contacted Phoenix radio but they never replied...... Can anyone who has the same unit share their intall setting?

Another problem is that in the door status when doors are opened, the door image does not align with the car image and the car image is like stretched....... This is a simple problem but they have never fix it even though it is reported to them several months ago..

Other problems are like When you use bluetooth music, you don't have any sounds from the system's sound output so you cannot have navigation sound and bluetooth sound at the same time, which was ok on the px3 but not the px6.

Big disappointment...

20190826 19042220191017 164240px6

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

All the issues that you mentioned, I'm having too.... and yes, I'm the one that has the QX70. I've tried just about every setting and did a full reset, which in all honesty, doesn't seem to do a "true factory reset" 

Phoenix hasn't responded to me either - I created a support ticket in which they sit on for about a week and then close without any type response. 

The issues that I'm having  - 

1) Stuck at the blank 360 / back up camera screen - looks a blue HAL9000. It's in-between the initial boot picture logo (which I customized - don't know if it's related) and the Android logo. It appears to only happen when I first start the car or it was off for a few hours. It takes about 5-10 minutes to finally boot up. I tried pressing the reset/reboot button, but it will go back to HAL9000. Occasionally, I can turn off the car after about 3 minutes and it will go right into the home screen. 

2) The backup camera is too dim. I've pressed the mod button and adjusted the brightness, but the setting doesn't stick or is persistent. 

3) The open door lines on the backup camera / car overlay are all off, especially the rear lift gate. 

4) CarPlay can't be mapped to the steering wheel buttons. During a factory reset, the Zlink app was deleted and I had to get a new one from Phoenix. I honestly don't recall if the buttons were ever mapped, but it's definitely needed. 

5) I have an iPhoneXR with iOS 13.1.3 and it always prompts to trust the PX6 when I plug it into either USB port. 

6) BlueTooth audio is in mono or as you described. 

Very disappointed with these bugs as well as Phoenix's complete lack of response. 

Votes
Undo

Hi,

Updating on this-

They replied me for this issue and sent me a px6.zip file to update the system and a MCU file. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2fkp01hsja8sx4/AABqNQ5ioSh7e9te6y3PVr6Ca/carcool/firmware/px6/1280x800/10.15.2019%20fix%20stuck%20in%20reverse?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1&fbclid=IwAR2l8gKfpluHZKfSwqAlChtBJWEeJTdHWWM2_tkiKL16D5wae_fpzj0NXHI

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w2fkp01hsja8sx4/AAB3okX4V92wB3nthTY-ATs2a/carcool/firmware/px6/MCU/10.15.2019%20fix%20stuck%20in%20reverse?dl=0&subfolder_nav_tracking=1&fbclid=IwAR1LYghF1HqBdzcsv2TaXIElnG5gV3Jlh_J2H5vLDTGRkFkyp5H0urciZ8Y

After I upgraded the system, the problem of unaligned door status was fix. However, when I waited for 6 hours and started the car again, it still stuck at boot with the blank 360camera screen. So I did the MCU upgraded with the file they sent and I noticed that I lost all the camera signal (blank for all the cameras when shifted to reverse) even though the settings were identical to what it was before which worked fine for camera.

So I contacted them and they asked me to do the setting as their online instruction (https://phoenixautomotivellc.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000180870-px6-backup-camera-not-working)

I followed these settings but the problem remained. Then they sent me a factory setting file to reset the unit but the problem is not solved. 

I am still waiting for their reply but I think there is probably something wrong with either their new debug system or the debug MCU so be aware of these upgrades.....

20191120 182751

Votes
Undo

I really appreciate you posting that info and that they finally responded.

Votes
Undo

Updating on this,

The debug system and MCU did NOT solved but introduced another problem, which is lost of camera function!!! So I don't have any camera signal when shifted to reverse..... I asked them many times to send me the old system file and MCU but they stopped responding to me....

Very disappointed and about to remove the unit and put back the intouch....

Be aware of their aftersale service and save your time for other things....... would never buy again.

Good luck.

Votes
Undo

Yeah I have the same problem with the PX6 for Mustang. When booting it gets stuck on the camera screen until I reboot. They’ve ignored me completely and now the stereo is unusable. Ridiculously bad customer service. I’ve even replaced the decoder box and nothing. 

Votes
Undo

I have the same issue and they are not responding. I am also thinking to put my InTouch back on . Disappointed. 

Votes
Undo

IT FINALLY WORKS! I received a new MCU and system update from Phoenix Automotive. I installed both and now it doesn't hang on the 360 camera when starting after a few hours! FINALLY! The new OS has some new settings and the dimmer function works again. My outdoor temperature still doesn't work though, but it's nice to boot up and not have it stuck on the reverse camera for 15 minutes. I've reported them to the BBB and had cash backs from my credit card for selling me a defective head unit and charging me extra for a new decoder box when they knew it was software all along. Terrible company to deal with. At least the stereo works now.

Votes
Undo

Hi SchneL, I'm glad to hear that your unit is working perfect right now.  Please, it would be nice if you post the links with the new files so we can try them in ours units.

Thank you

Votes
Undo

@SchneL - Please post up your fix and or links. 

• Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!