1. engr.rehanhassan
  2. General Discussion
  3. Saturday, 04 January 2020

Hi guys.

I just installed px6 unit for my ford explorer 2015 Sync 2 - W/O Sony audio. 

The main reason to purchase px6 unit was to retain sync features. However, I am facing these problems after installing the unit:

1. No audio! Audio icon just showing mute icon. I went into more setings and sound option as well and its all fine from there. But I can't able to change this MUTE volume control icon to normal since steering wheel controls are not working as well. Did I made some mistake in the wiring?

2. Driver side cooling seat feature is not working. Passenger side cooling and heating feature is working. However, only heating seat feature is working for driver side.

3. Sync 2 interface is having problems with touch buttons. When I am pressing climate control option its taking me to bluetooth screen. Seems like the controls of touch screen controls for sync 2 interface are reversed. Please see the video for better understanding.

Please let me know how I can resolve these issues.

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Good luck my friend. I have a similar issue with a 2016 Ford Explorer ans Sync2.  I have been dealing with issues since October and phoenix does not help. I have reached out every  way possible and they just dont care  after they sell you the unit. 

Good luck.

Votes
Undo

Hey guys I had the same problem. turns out the unit is overheating . What I did to fix this was pulled the head unit out a little to allow it to cool down. (Check your wiring!! If any of the cables are bent or or too tight or even possibly overheated  I’d contact the point of sale for a new harness ) these clips sometimes break or worse . But at first but what I would do is after checking the cables I would allow it to cool off for 15 minutes)  and then turn it back on and it should be fine. 

The problem is that we had to retain the “CD player” and that is what gives off all that heat that winds up overheating the head unit and wires. Which causes the head unit to malfunction

Votes
Undo

Hi guys...

From last couple of days i was in touch with Phoenix radio guys... and they are really helpful to be honest... they did 3+ hours video chat with me on duo and make sure that they resolve my issue... 

The actual problem was in ACM. I gave additional power to ACM through new wire and everything working perfectly now. Sync controls + Sound + FM all perfect now. 

The only issue remaining for me now is the driver aide cooling seat button is not functioning. If I am pressing this button its working but in reality its not doing anything. So thats the only issue remaining. I am in touch with Phoenix radio guys and they are working on it. Hopefully they will send me simplecanupdate and it will be resolved.

To be honest they are really helpful. Try to stay in touch with them via email and Facebook messenger chat. In both these platforms i am getting replies.

Thanks

• Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!